Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

Every year we put Boston Ferns on the front porch.  This year, within 1 hour of putting them up, a bird had made a nest and within 2 days she laid eggs.  This should be a ton of fun for Ellison!

Over the weekend I got the garden planted.  Just in time for some free water!
In the garden:
Corn, Beefmaster, Early Girl, Better Boy, and Beefsteak Tomatoes, Peas, Crooked Neck Squash, Zukini, Banana Peppers, and Bell Peppers
I moved the garden from its previous location to get more sun.  I hope it does better than last year!

 I call this on "Phlox on the Rocks"

 Lambs Ear (don't you just want to rub your face in it!)

 Wine and Roses Weigela and Korean Spice Viburnum

"I am all alone here,
there is no one here beside me,
all my problems they are gone,
there is no one to deride me"
(sorry to much Shrek with the 3 year old)

Ahh...That's better :)

So last night we had another round of Tornadoes or Naders to the locals and since I do live by a creck (or creek as you may know it) we had some nice activity (but luckily there are no trailer parks near by so we did not have any Naders)  Well, needless to say, the shade garden I have been working on is now a part sun garden...Stay tuned...

Oh yea...is this a weed?  Its in a group of perennials that I planted last year after a friend divided them.  I think this is just a week, but it could be something AWESOME so I do not want to just rip it out...
I know the back plant is a Butterfly bush

No comments:

Post a Comment