Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring just keeps on coming!

Jane Magnolia in all its glory!  
Winter came back for a few nights and shut her down to early this year!

Eastern Red Bud doing its thing.  
I have one other ERB, but it is not doing well this year.

 
Good Morning Tulips!
I picked up about 50 bulbs last off season and planted them around the yard.  So far about half seem to have survived the mole attacks
 
Beautiful combination of Phlox, Creeping Jenny, Dwarf Mondo.  
I brought the Phlox and Creeping Jenny with me from the old house.  It is finally establishing.  Jenny is now spreading all in this bed like I was hoping she would!

 
Lilac?

Korean Spice Viburnum.  
I absolutely LOVE the smell.  I use them in all my designs
Hello last remaining Azalea!
I had at least 10 when we moved in.  This is the only one that has made it.  The others just up and died on me one night...it was very strange
One of the 2 transplanted Dogwoods that I dug up at my moms house.
One of the 15-20 I have planted around the yard!

Peaonies!  
If only ants did not love you as much as I do!


Service Berry
Some say they do not do well here, 
NEH!  I say!  They do great and are a true asset to any yard!
Just some cool pics from the zoo!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! I love new peony growth more than anything else, such a promise of what is to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jane magnolia is really spectacular. It looks like your garden is really coming to life. Don't you love this time of year?

    ReplyDelete