Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ain't Ja Mommas Pancakes!

Just finished devouring these and I must say, they are some of the best I have ever had.
"What are the best you have ever had, Connor?"
Well it is funny you asked that.  The best I have ever had were in San Fransisco at a little hole in the wall, Dottie's True Blue Cafe'.  After waiting in line for at least an hour or two, you will be served some of the best home cooked breakfast EVER!  Don't believe me, watch this video and tell me you don't want to wait in live 2 hours a day (Lind's and I did 3 times) to get you some of this!
Diners Drive-ins, and Dives-Dottie's True Blue Cafe'.

Ok, so the reason I make that shout out is to tell you that the 3 times we went, we had to order some of the pancakes to figure out what it was they put on them to make them so amazing!  Their secret ingredient...

The Cakes:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions
1.In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. Pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
3. Let stand for 10 min.
4. Heat a lightly oiled griddle to 350.
5. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
6. Brown on both sides...Serve with butter, syrup, and the secret ingredient...

Secret ingredient...My Version of Dottie's Mix:
1T Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ginger
splash of Nutmeg.

Sprinkle onto and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment