Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Successful Trip to the Packing Store!

I am so excited!  I found a bottle of wine a few months ago at a wine store in cool springs.  I was browsing the labels (and prices) and looking for a good every day wine.  One wine stood out when I saw it.  It was a simple label with a tree on it and aptly named, Tilia (Latin for Linden).
I read the back:
"Australian Melbec"....Good start.  "Shows concentrated black cherry and plum fruit flavors and aromas with a touch of spiciness"...Ding Ding Ding!  I think this wine is calling my name!
Price, $9.99!
The wine was amazing.  So the next time i was at my local Packing Store I told the manager about it and low and behold...they now carry the wine (for a dollar more, but it is in West Haven...so do you expect different?)



While there, I also got picked up a pack of beer I have been dying to try but could not find, "Ranger" by New Belgium Brewing Company.  New Belgium does not make a bad beer and 1554 is one of my favorites.  I poured a glass of this IPA as soon as I got home, and it was heavenly!  Loaded with Hopps with a nice citrus finish.  Just be careful it is a 6.5% high Alc. brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment