Sunday, November 21, 2010

FPF ~ Back Yard Redux

Ok...So as if I did not have enough things on my plate, I decided to go ahead and start work on the back yard design...I have some great ideas and jumped right to work this beautiful weekend!
First off, I am digging a 20x3x5 foot french drain at the edge of the garage.  We have had some drainage issues and this should take care of any water coming across the area.

There is obviously a lot of work to do here.  I need to dig the hole another foot or two deeper, add washed gravel and a perforated pipe with sock cover.  Then more washed gravel and then I can add the permeable pavers that i got from Belgard.


So I needed something to do with all the extra  dirt I had so I decided to start creating the area for my new perennial garden.   I then decided it was time to relocate the existing water feature.  The previous owner located the fountain in a low part of the yard where the back 40 drains into the pool. I plan on moving the pond to the high side of the yard and making the location of the old pond a bio-retention garden.  When It is all done, I plan on having a pond with large waterfall and a stream bed running through the perennial garden to a disappearing fountain.  Lots of work, but it will be worth it.

A veiw from the gate looking at the water fall. The black pot is where the disipearing fountain will go. 


Looking at the waterfall.  I need to build the back up about 5' to create the falls.  A stream will come from the right side and meander to the disipearing fountain.



Its about 4' deep with shelves at differnet heights to put the plants.  I dug it deep enough to be able to have Coy and Goldfish.
    

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment