Wednesday, September 8, 2010

FPF ~ Labor Day!

Made 2 trips down the West Harpeth this weekend.  Both times I put in at the bridge on Boyde Mill Road and exited the river at Hwy96 W.

On Saturday my friend Ryan came down from Knoxville and we took out the Canoe.
We were on the water for over 8 hours!  The drive time is 2.2 miles!  That's one windy-ass river!
We took around 40 fish, mostly 1 to 1.5 pound smalls and largemouth bass, with the occasional red-eye, brem, and even 3 crappie!
Ryan and the first good bass of the day.


Nice small!





Now were talking!

After a long day, I thought I would head out on Monday morning and see what kind of trouble I could get into in the 'Yak.  I thought I would be able to cut the float time in half....I was wrong!  6 hrs later I had only pulled out about 20 fish when I came to a hole Ryan and I skipped...Then I looked at it...and thought a bit...and thew in my line.  I sat in this hole for about 45 min and pulled in small and large mouth right and left.  I caught 1 4lber and had 2 more on the line that were bigger.  One jumped and threw the hook, the other snapped my 4lb test line while the drag was being stripped...clean break, not a knot slip!









No comments:

Post a Comment